Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Breeds -> Black Copper Marans

Topic: Black Copper Marans (24 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Black Copper Marans (24 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JDL571
Score: 5
STATEN ISLAND, NY
Wondering if McMurray will carry Black Copper Marans and Olive Eggers next year
5/31/2014 7:02 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
If any new breeds will be added to the catalog for next year, it will be announced later in the fall.
6/3/2014 10:58 AM report abuse
SERENAM
Score: 4
I would also love to be able to order black, blue or splash marans from McMurray.
9/8/2014 11:11 PM report abuse
FRANCISJ
Score: 2
Alpha Jones Farms LLC is also very interested in purchasing Black Copper Maran's
10/17/2014 1:12 PM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
Score: 12
I would love to own some Black Copper, Blue Copper, or Splash Marans, but we trust McMurray and some locals. Those few do not carry them so we do not have them. My son really wants Legbars, Olive Eggers, White Minorca's, and Favacaunas. We also will check at fairs and chicken swaps when we get particular.
12/6/2014 6:03 PM report abuse
SONYAG
Score: 3
I would love to get some Black Copper Marans.
12/15/2014 8:03 AM report abuse
JanetL
Score: 1
We would be interested in both Black and Blue CM's. Lavender Orphs also.
12/17/2014 1:09 AM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
We also love the Lavender Orpies. We were hoping to find some Russian Orloffs just as pets. We are also looking for a pair of White Minorca's, Legbars, a purebred Araucana, and a purebred Ameraucana. My Grandparents have shopped from McMurray for a long time, and their selection has been growing over the years. I pray that they are blessed enough to continue providing us with beautiful, healthy birds. Even if I cannot get exactly what I want, I know that this company will be consistent with making me happy with all of my orders.
12/17/2014 7:26 AM report abuse
PEGGY2
I am interested in ordering Black Copper Marans from you, as well. Any chance of your carrying them?
12/29/2014 12:17 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
We do not have any new breeds for 2015. It is possible we may have Copper Marans in the future, but not sure at this time.
1/5/2015 11:13 AM report abuse

BETTYB
I would like to order Black Copper Marans and Blue Copper Marans. Love the Dark Chocolate eggs.
3/23/2015 12:17 PM report abuse

BETTYB
I would like to get one that lays DARK BLUE EGGS. Blue/Splash Marans.and Ameraucana and I want Black Copper Marans
Post edited by BETTYB 3/24/2015 11:07 PM
3/23/2015 12:19 PM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
Wait. Betty, do you mean like Emu color or a torquise? I finally did find a breeder with Lavender Ameraucanas and Blue/Splash Marans. The Ameraucana eggs from their farm are much darker than what I am used to. This means that by the end of the summer we will have darker blue eggs in our basket and very dark chocolate eggs. We also hatched a Cream Legbar to add some more blue and something new to our flock.
Post edited by ThatFarmerChick 3/23/2015 1:16 PM
3/23/2015 1:14 PM report abuse

BETTYB
ThatFarmerChick where do u live.?
3/24/2015 11:08 PM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
I am on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Right on the Atlantic.
3/25/2015 5:59 AM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
The breeder is in North Carolina. This week I am going to a poultry show. I am meeting a friend who has been in this business for 60 years. I am searching for a Mille Fleur trio. My son is looking for a Splash Marans female for his roo.
3/25/2015 6:04 AM report abuse
SONYAG
Score: 3
I am expecting my first shipment of Black Copper Marans this Friday from another hatchery. Would love to buy from McMurray
3/25/2015 4:07 PM report abuse
RHONDAN
I too am looking for Splash Blue Marans.
12/14/2015 2:49 PM report abuse
LEE ANND
I would like to add my name to the list of wanting French Black Copper Marans, and perhaps Blue Maran females from McMurray!
3/23/2016 12:28 AM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
We have had our Blue Marans for a full year now. My son ordered a variety of eggs, and our girl was one in the bunch. She is gorgeous and lays a beautiful egg. I would still love to own some BCM.
3/23/2016 3:52 PM report abuse
REBECCA34
Score: 0
I am searching high and low for BCM's and Olive Eggers. Any idea where I can get some? Is there a reason they are not easy to get? Thanks!
4/4/2016 9:03 PM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
Many varieties of the Marans family can be found through breeders. Check out backyardchickens.com. Or simply google the breed in search of sellers. There are some available at hatcheries. The issue with dealing with hatcheries that you do not know is a big chance. You do not know what they are breeding for. They could be breeding them just to have for sale. At least a breeder can answer you questions about the bird. Also you can see that McMurray puts thought into their breeding programs, and seems to know their birds. The chick selector information has even changed for some breeds over the years. This lets you know that they are actually paying attention
4/5/2016 6:37 AM report abuse
ThatFarmerChick
About Olive Eggers...If you can have roosters and breed, you can have Olive Eggers. McMurray has Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egg ers, and Whiting True Blue. These breeds can create Olive Eggers. A Marans rooster crossed with any of the blue/ blue-green egg laying hens will likely produce a chick that will eventually lay olive colored eggs.
4/5/2016 9:39 AM report abuse
JEFFREY14
I got some Black Copper Maran eggs on ebay, had good luck with an incubator, got 3 out of 4 to hatch. So far so good. I just want to see the breed expanded in numbers.
4/12/2016 10:33 AM report abuse