Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Swollen Eye with pus

Topic: Swollen Eye with pus (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Swollen Eye with pus (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
RUBENP
Score: 0
I've a few chiks that were sick with some yellowish liquid or watery eye. I went to the agricultural center and recommended me Duramicyn-10. I separeted in a area all the ones that has the symptoms and almost all improved except three that who had eyes Swollen and with pus. We complete treatment and we dont know what to do with those ... I need help!
Post edited by RUBENP 6/6/2014 7:25 PM
6/6/2014 5:23 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
That looks pretty bad! Most vets do not treat poultry but I would suggest to take one in and see if there is anything that can be done. There may be some type of eye ointment to use. We used to carry the Terramycin eye ointment but it is no longer available. So the vet could possibly have something similar.
6/11/2014 8:17 AM report abuse
MELISSAO
Score: 22
I went through this very same thing over the last month. I also used duramycin 10 five days on four days off and then another five day round. Everybody is back to normal. Hope you had the same ending results!!
6/17/2014 4:08 PM report abuse