Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> California -> Awesome chickens

Topic: Awesome chickens (3 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Awesome chickens (3 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JANE3
Score: 3
Just wanted to say how happy we are with our order of 15 assorted brown layer chicks. We received 17 in total, one of which is an exotic. They are now 11 weeks old and thriving! Still have no idea which breeds we have although we've been able to identify some but others are still mystery chickens. I seem to have two "hens" that are trying to crow! From what I've read I'm praying "she" is just trying to establish pecking order. Don't want a roo but I don't really want to cook one as they are all named after flowers and respond to their names and all have their own personalities. Never thought I'd be attached to a chicken let alone 17. Lol. Thank you McMurray Hatchery for such healthy beautiful chickens! Was a true delight to raise these up and soon we will have delicious eggs or a roasted chicken if a she turns into a he. That will be a tearful day!
8/13/2014 10:49 AM report abuse
JUDY12
Score: 0
I Jane, it's been a long time since you posted. I just wanted to know if your hens turned out to be roosters and did you eat them/him? McMurray messed up my order and I received 2 roosters when I ordered one only. I built a second chicken run and coop to separate my flock because of this. How goes it for you?
11/11/2016 9:52 PM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
Hi, Judy. Sorry you got a rooster you didn't order. It happens to us all. Sexing newly hatched chicks is only 90 percent accurate. So for every 10 sexed female chicks you get, the odds are that one will grow up to be a rooster. The only way to be guaranteed ALL females it to order sex linked chicks.
11/12/2016 11:43 PM report abuse