Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Health/Care -> Spurs on rooster

Topic: Spurs on rooster (4 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Spurs on rooster (4 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
ENIDS
Score: 1
We need advice on trimming the extremely long spurs on our rooster. They are getting in his way when he walks. He was injured this summer and now walks with a limp. The spurs make it so much harder for him. Thank you.
9/11/2014 2:25 PM report abuse
HEIDI1
Score: 1
I also have a rooster that needs his spurs trimmed. Please some one let us know how to do it. I've been told to twist them off and others say to clip them.
10/7/2014 8:43 AM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
Don't clip them. They are like a dog's toenail. There is soft tissue inside the hard outer shell. You can twist them off but it needs to be soaked in oil first to help break the shell away from the skin on their legs. I would suggest to look it up online for pictures or a video. I've even found one that uses a hot baked potatoe!
10/24/2014 10:02 AM report abuse
Demetri
Score: 8
You can take a baked potato and stick it on the spur and wait a little bit and twist it off. But it has to be a very hot baked potato.
Post edited by Demetri 1/10/2015 3:09 PM
1/10/2015 3:05 PM report abuse