Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> Oregon -> got 11 out of 12 eggs

Topic: got 11 out of 12 eggs (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
got 11 out of 12 eggs (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
JAMES66
Score: 6
I went hunting the day prior to my wife receiving the eggs, 4 days after she tells me only 1 egg was broke this time after 4 tries to get a shipment of leghorn eggs. how ever only 1 of the 11 was viable and it ended up developing a crack witch leaked into the incubator and caused the other eggs to stick, the shells are so thin I am surprised they made it through shipping. why is it we can have a 70 to 90% hatch rate from our own stock and a 0% rate from a professional hatchery, after 4 tries we got the eggs we ordered due to shipping issues but now 1 out of 11 eggs viable and it cracks. I must say I am sadly disappointed if the company issues a refund I'd be happy but I will not ask for it as they sent us 11 eggs when we ordered 10 and have been wonderful about the shipping issues and replacement. I recommend you give your breeding stock a better diet to make the eggs shells stronger like those of us backyard chicken owners do. Id still like to have the leghorns but Im thinking I have to get them elsewhere.
9/22/2014 11:29 PM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
We are very sorry for the issues you've had with your egg orders. We use the same eggs for incubating here at the hatchery so I really don't know why your having so much trouble with the eggs you've received from us.
9/23/2014 1:37 PM report abuse