Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> Chick price increases

Topic: Chick price increases (7 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Chick price increases (7 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
TimR
Score: 92
I was rather surprised to see chick prices increasing again next year, considering you went up last year.

Also feed costs for your laying hens have dropped considerably in the last year. Corn has fallen from $7.50 a bu to under $3, and soybean meal has seen a similar drop.

Not trying to sound rude, and I like your chicks but continued increases do add up. Thanks.
10/17/2014 8:22 PM report abuse
ODISB
Score: 10
Tim What has,nt gone up? As you well know you are not going to find a better company to order from.I will gladly pay the extra for the quality of chiks and the outstanding service MM offers. Thank you
10/18/2014 8:27 PM report abuse
TimR
I see MM is upping the chick prices again for 2016. Feed costs are way down, so they can't use that as an excuse. Government says there is virtually no inflation, so what's going on here?

There is such a thing as pricing yourself out of the market you know.
10/19/2015 9:33 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
I did not see anything saying they were going up, so I don't know what the increase is... but I do know overall cost of keeping a business goes up each year... taxes, employee pay, electricity ... maybe not feed - but everything else seem too
10/20/2015 6:16 AM report abuse
TimR
Tina, just look at the chick prices and you'll see they are up again, for at least the third year in a row. MM seems to try to keep quiet on it, but if you pay attention, you will catch it.
10/20/2015 6:38 AM report abuse
TINAC
it seems like for you, it is time to find another supplier.... as for me I will use MM when I need new chicks - they may be more expensive but they always back their products up
10/20/2015 8:29 AM report abuse
TINAC
and I have not seen a 2016 catalog yet
10/20/2015 8:30 AM report abuse