Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Turkeys -> Hatching Turkey Eggs

Topic: Hatching Turkey Eggs (2 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
Hatching Turkey Eggs (2 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
LORRIH
Score: 1
I'm in need of help solving a mystery. I had three separate batches of Narragansett Turkey eggs in two different incubators, and one my hen was sitting, and not one egg hatched. All the birds were fully developed with no visible signs of any defects, but they never hatched. Both incubators were set at 100 degree with 65% humidity. My breeding pairs are fed high quality 16% protein feed along with nuts, seeds, berries, and left over veggies, and grains. I've been given numerous reasons by other armatures why my eggs didn't hatch but birds fully developed, such as: (1) the protein in my feed is to low; (2) the humidity was to high or to low; (3)the temp was to high or to low; and, (4)it was my hens first year to lay. I need to figure this out so as not to lose any future batches.
Post edited by LORRIH 4/24/2015 8:13 AM
4/24/2015 8:09 AM report abuse
SEAMUSM
Score: 0
16 % protein is way too low for turkeys! At the very least I would use 24% protein, if not the 28% gamebird/showbird feed. Are you certain the temps and humidity are 100/65? I had issues with my incubators and used a hygrometer. Now I'm getting 90% hatch rates.
5/2/2015 9:32 AM report abuse