Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> My mystery chick from MMH cockerel or pullet

Topic: My mystery chick from MMH cockerel or pullet (8 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
My mystery chick from MMH cockerel or pullet (8 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
KENNAH
Score: 1
I bought a shipment from MMH and I still don't know what exactly is my mystery chick.. I want to show you a pic but on the phone site it doesn't give you that option...
Post edited by KENNAH 6/1/2015 2:40 PM
6/1/2015 2:29 PM report abuse
KENNAH
Here are the photos I finally got them on here. I have 2 more if need be!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
6/1/2015 2:39 PM report abuse
KENNAH
ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People from MMH can you help?
6/2/2015 8:32 AM report abuse

McMurray Hatchery
It's possibly a Cuckoo Maran. We will have one of the hatchery managers look at the pictures, but it may be a couple days.
6/2/2015 9:09 AM report abuse
JUANITAD
Score: 0
Looks like my barred Plymouth Rock chicks, about 6-7 weeks old?
6/15/2015 12:35 AM report abuse
DAVID115
I got an assortment of baby chickens from a local feed store. They sold me 2 of these... They called them barred rock chickens!
That should work!!!
1/18/2016 2:26 PM report abuse
TINAC
Score: 160
my guess is MMH would not send a barred rock as their free exoctic - but instead a cuckoo moran -- also a free be is more often male --- here isa picture from the MMH site of their 4 week old CM pullets https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/4_week_old_cuckoo_maran.html
1/19/2016 6:57 AM report abuse
JASON40
Gotta be a Cuckoo Maran. Barred Rocks are not in the "exotic" category. Plus, they would have yellow legs. Marans do not have yellow legs and are "exotic". Dominiques are also "barred" and "exotic" but would have a different comb and different colored legs than your chicken has as well. I think the comb looks to be growing too fast to be a pullet so most likely you have a Cuckoo Maran cockerel
1/20/2016 11:12 PM report abuse