Your Name*
Email Address
Your email address appears to be invalid. Would you like to correct it?
Enter you name, email address and your question or message and click Send Message.
First Name
Last Name
Your Email Address
Your Question or Message
Your message was sent. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.
This browser is using a vulnerable connection, TLSv1. You need to upgrade your browser for security reasons.
We will be closed Dec 11th thru Jan 1st.
You are Here: Home -> Forums -> General Discussion about Chickens -> white polish

Topic: white polish (6 messages)

Search:
Account Login
(You must be logged into your McMurray Hatchery
Account in order to post in the forums.)
white polish (6 messages)
Posted By Message Posted On Report
ASHLEYH
Score: 1
Is it just my chicks or does other people have this problem. I ordered the mixed assortment about a month a half ago and I notice the other chicks picking on the polish ones. Is it normal?
9/14/2015 5:42 PM report abuse

PATRICES
Score: 34
KALISPELL, MT
Survived our first winter in Montana. Girls did well even when it got to -22.
I got my Polish as my free mystery chick. No one has ever picked on him. He is the head cockerel of the flock. The Salmon Faverolles rooster hasn't even dared to crow yet and they are nearly 7 months old. The pullets do pick on the Salmon Faverolles cockerel.
9/15/2015 2:37 PM report abuse
REBEKAHF
Score: 0
My white polish gets picked on bad. He is now separated from the rest of the flock, but where he can still be close to them with a fence between. His head is almost completely bald from them picking his feathers out
10/14/2015 3:15 PM report abuse
ASHLEYH
Score: 1
I had one they picked bald when they were about 8 weeks old, he died, now they are 13 weeks old and everyone seems to be ok with them now. I guess it just took time. I'm not sure if the one they picked bald died from being picked on or if he got sick bc I had two other breeds die during that same time as well.
10/22/2015 7:21 PM report abuse
HOLLY
SHOREHAM, VT
Yes, our little Polish chicks are already being pecked at. I know from the ones we had before, that it seems to be common. We had to separate them for awhile, but these babies are so small that I think we will try and use some anti-pecking medicine. Who knows?
11/3/2015 8:22 AM report abuse
TONYA2
We have raised several different types of crested polish and have had lots of problems with picking and pecking at each others heads. They seem to be very nervous or skiddish in nature. We have many breeds and these never seem to settle down. They tend to do better for us in larger runs. It seems to be worse when they are younger and when they are confined to smaller spaces. If you can give them more space it might help. The worst problem that I have with polish is early rooster death.
2/23/2016 9:24 AM report abuse