McMurray's Coop Controller
(some restrictions apply)
To Use Free Shipping:
- Place Eligible items in your cart. Eligible items are marked on the product details page.
- During Checkout, select free shipping.
- Items shipped via free shipping may require up to 10 Business Days.
- If your order contains both free shipping items and other, ineligible items, you will be charged shipping for the ineligible items.
- Excludes items that are not marked by the free shipping statement.
- Applies to delivery addresses in the continental U.S. only. Free shipping is not available for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands or Canada.
- We use various shipping carriers to deliver orders and a particular carrier may not be requested.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time.
McMurray's own Coop Controller will open the door in the morning and close the door at night. No programming required. Our controller senses the sunrise and sunset to control the door position. The controller includes a built in temperature sensor that will only open the door if the outside temperature is above 20 degrees F. This protects the chickens on cold winter mornings.
Our sliding door is roost proof, a swinging door invites chickens to roost on the door.
Coop Controller comes with a supplemental light. The light insures that the chickens have 16 hours of light per day for increased egg production.
- Shuts door at sunset. Protects against predators and weather.
- Opens door at sunrise if the temperature is above 20 degrees F
- Supplemental light aids in optimal egg production
- Complete door controller kit. Includes door, door frame, supplemental light and installation instructions. Plus watch our installation video.
- Choose the length of cable you need to go from the inside mounting point to the outside sensor. Coop Door Controller comes with two lengths - a 6 foot length which is adequate for most installations, and a 12 foot length for installations where the sunlight sensor will be further away from the coop door.
Please be aware: Doors are built as ordered so may be a few days before actually shipped.
Check out our videos below. The first is an introduction and the second shows an installation.
The installation video is slightly dated. It gives the general steps involved in the coop controller installation. Please refer to the downloaded manual for the current instructions.
The box is 7 1/4" W x 4 3/4"H x 2 1/2"Deep
Rails are about 32" long.
After much debate and research, we purchased the automatic coop controller and love it. We installed in on the wall of a concrete block barn using a regular skil saw with a concrete blade to cut the hole and then simply mounting the actual controller to a 1/3 sheet of plywood. Installing the plywood assembly with concrete screws worked great. Super easy to install, quality parts and instructions. It took the free range girls a few days to figure it out. Now I don't have to worry about the safety of my hens when I stay out past dark. Make the investment for yourself, give yourself some freedom.
I was hesitant to spend the bucks for this door, but I am so glad I did. No more going out on rainy evenings and cold mornings to lock up the kids. If you're hesitant about this coop controller don't be. It works like a champ and was up and running in 30 minutes.
This is an outstanding product!!
It was very easy to install (Less than 30 minutes!). The kit that I receive was complete, the installation instructions were clear and easy to follow, and everything worked exactly as presented in the video.
I just wish everything was this easy!! I am very happy with this product!
Thanks Murray McMurray!!!