Bourbon Red Turkeys
(some restrictions apply)
To Use Free Shipping:
- Place Eligible items in your cart. Eligible items are marked on the product details page.
- During Checkout, select free shipping.
- Items shipped via free shipping may require up to 10 Business Days.
- If your order contains both free shipping items and other, ineligible items, you will be charged shipping for the ineligible items.
- Excludes items that are not marked by the free shipping statement.
- Applies to delivery addresses in the continental U.S. only. Free shipping is not available for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands or Canada.
- We use various shipping carriers to deliver orders and a particular carrier may not be requested.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue Free Shipping at any time.
Display below is for the next several hatches. This breed is available for future dates. You can pick the date during the check out process.
Blue: limited availability.
Red: not available.
Many people feel that this turkey is one of the most beautiful of all turkey varieties. It has a very dark, rich, chestnut color that is edged in black on many of the feathers. The wing tips and the back one half of the tail are white giving it a very striking appearance. It will not grow as large or as fast as the bronze or white turkeys but is good to eat and will be a wonderful addition to the farm.
MARCH-FIRST TWO WEEKS OF JULY -
TURKEYS SHIP ON TUESDAY FOR A WEDNESDAY-FRIDAY ARRIVAL
Two weeks after the 4th of July, turkeys will ship on Wednesday.
Additional images - click to enlarge.
I ordered the rare assortments in 2012. Out of the four breeds that I received, the Bourbon Reds were the friendliest. One of the toms would come and perch on my arm like he was a falcon.
These turkeys are the most friendly thing on our farm. They follow us like puppy dogs, actually closer then puppy dogs, if you stop suddenly you'll have 3 or four turkeys plow into the back of your leg, they let out a call anytime we are not visible. When we sit on the porch, they ALL come over and hang out with us, they'll jump right in our laps and fall asleep cuddling on our shoulders. They truely jockey for position on our laps..In the evening all we have to do is call turkey turkey or peep, peep, peep, and they run right to us and go back in the turkey coop for the night. Amazing creatures!!
These are the most amazing turkeys ever! We had a 20-some bird flock of these guys and we loved them! They are so hardy they braved our cold Minnesota winter OUTSIDE without any problems at all. They also mated successfully and we had a few moms that sat on their eggs till they hatched and raised their babies without any help from us! You guys at McMurrays'..keep up the great work!
We have 3 Bourbon Reds, a tom and 2 hens. Our tom, Bubba, likes to ham it up at county fairs and is a very gentle bird. For the longest time he rode around on my daughter's shoulder (until he got too heavy). They did a good job breeding last year and are very tasty too!
I purchased a bourbon red turkey and he is extremely friendly. He likes to follow me around. These are very kind and gentle birds to have in your flock.
We have 3 male Bourbon Reds and they have been great friends. Hatched last spring, they gobble when they hear my voice. We named them Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.